PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY FOR USERS
PURSUANT TO EU REGULATION 679/2016 (“GDPR”) - “NEWSLETTERS”
1. DATA CONTROLLER
Operational Headquarters: Via J.F. Kennedy, 10 – 40069 Zola Predosa (BO), Italy
Legal Head Offices: Via degli Agresti, 6 – 40123 Bologna, Italy
2. PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
The sending by email of information (“newsletters”) to those who have expressly requested it, entering their email address into the relative data collection form.
i. Legal basis of the processing
Execution of the Contract
ii. Data storage period
Prior to the expiration of the storage period, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your continued interest in receiving our newsletters. If no direct interaction is received (clicks/opening of the email) for more than 48 months, you will be automatically removed from the mailing list.
3. COMPULSORY DATA TRANSFER
The provision of your email address for the aforementioned purposes is compulsory; as such, should you refuse to provide your email address you will be unable to receive the newsletter.
4. RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA
The data may be processed by external companies operating as Data Controllers, including and not limited to, Supervisory Authorities and Bodies and, in general, public and private parties entitled to request the data.
Data may also be processed on behalf of the Company by external parties appointed as Data Processors in receipt of appropriate operating instructions. These parties essentially fall into the following categories:
a. IT support and hosting companies;
b. website management and maintenance companies.
5. AUTHORISED DATA PROCESSORS
Data may be processed by employees of the company departments designated to pursue the purposes defined above; such employees are expressly authorised to carry out data processing activities and have received appropriate operating instructions.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Data may be transferred to countries outside the European Union and, in particular, to:
a) Extra-EU countries whose data protection levels have been deemed adequate by the European Commission pursuant to Article 45 of “GDPR”
b) Extra-EU countries other than those described above which have “signed the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted/approved by the European Commission pursuant to Article 46, paragraph 2, letters (c) and (d)”
A copy of the aforementioned guarantees may be obtained by sending a written request to the Data Controller according to the methods described in the section “Rights of the Data Subject - Complaints to the Supervisory Authorities”.
7. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT - COMPLAINTS TO THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITIES
In certain circumstances and according to certain conditions, and except in the case of the exceptions established by applicable law, you are entitled to:
• Request access to your personal data: this right entitles you to know if we possess your personal data and, if so, to obtain information about the data we hold and a copy of said data.
• Request the correction of your personal data: this right allows you to correct your personal data in the case of inaccuracies or omissions.
• Oppose the processing of your personal data: this right authorises you to request that your personal data is no longer processed.
• Request the deletion of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the deletion of your personal data, including in the case that the data is no longer necessary to the intended purposes.
• Request the limitation of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that your data is only processed in certain circumstances and with your express consent.
• Request the portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured and commonly used electronic format) of your personal data, or request the transmission of such data to another Data Controller.
With regard to deceased data subjects, pursuant to Article 2 terdecies of Italian Legislative Decree no. 101/2018, the aforementioned rights may be exercised by anyone with a personal interest or otherwise acting in the interests of the data subject as the agent of the same, or for family reasons worthy of protection.
The data subject has the right to withdraw from the service at any time using the “opt-out” link included in each email or by writing to email@example.com.
In the event that, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your rights to the protection of your personal data have been infringed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to resolve any query. This does not affect your right to make a direct complaint to the competent Supervisory Authorities or to take legal action before a competent court (in the country in which you live or work or the country in which you believe your rights have been infringed).